Luminox Watches - Bad rubber material and bad manufacturing

23 of 43 Luminox reviews

Here are my emails communications to Luminox Customer Care.

Message to Luminox Customer Care:

My mother gave me a luminox watch for my birthday. It is a series 8800. I do not ware it anymore as the rubber band is breaking. I was in Cabelas Lone tree store looking at getting a new band. They told me to contact you as the band should not be breaking apart in two years. Please let me know what I should do next.

From Luminox Customer Care:

Replacement straps and keepers are available through our Service Center. They can be reached at 401-946-0920, info@saltzmans-watches.com or http://www.saltzmans-watches.com/luminox_watch_bands .

Hello Customer Care.

If I buy a new rubber watch band will it break again? I do not want to just keep buying $40.00 rubber watch bands that will break within two years. Please advise me of what to do about this problem? Is this just bad manufacturing or bad rubber material in the rubber bands? Maybe it is the high altitude of where I live. I am in Parker, Colorado. 6,000 I do hike in the mountains here so I do go even higher. Maybe Luminox are not a watch that functions well at high altitudes. Do you think that is the problem? Again please advise me.

From Luminox Customer Care:

Altitude should not be a factor in the wear of your rubber strap. The rubber will break down over time. The life of a rubber strap can wear quicker depending on how the watch is treated. We do have nylon options for most of our watches. Nylon is typically going to last longer and be a stronger material. They can be reached at 401-946-0920, info@saltzmans-watches.com or http://www.saltzmans-watches.com/luminox_watch_bands.

Hello Customer Care.

Ok. Got it. It is just bad rubber material and bad manufacturing.

I told the Luminox that I would put email communications on the Internet.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Luminox Navy Seal Watch
Review category
Shopping
review #654856

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Luminox? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
23 of 43 Luminox reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.